Friday 28 November 2014

SONG OF MY LIFE

Slow is the beat,
Low drum sounds,
Ryhme to rhythm,
The river I float,
Flowing with the current,
Upstream,
Downstream,
I am detached,
Forlorn,
Like an astronaut in space,
Yeah,
I need this space,
I gotta stick to this space,
For it brings me grace,
Calm.
I need a beat,
Give me a beat,
I need not that seat,
I'll stand on my two feet,
Play,
the keys,
Sway,
My hips.
To the slow music that is my life,
Wallow in the sadness that grips my heart,
It's my song,
Sad or not,
Mine is this song,
I belong,
I belong in this sad song,
I love this song,
Though I cry,
I love it,
Since it is mine.
A solo,
Piano,
Cool as a morning breeze,
Wet like greasy beef,
Fine as a vintage piece,
Piece of painting,
Of a pretty woman,
Abandoned by love.
This is the song of my life,
Ballet flats donning my feet,
A tango of one,
A solo.
Look,
Windows covered in sleet,
The weather reflects the mood in my heart.
Nothing is wrong about grey,
Black or dull clouds above,
There's beauty in darkness,
There's beauty in loneliness.
My sad song is beautiful,
My solo is graceful,
I love this song!
A song of my life.

1 comment: