Friday 21 November 2014

LOVE WAS

Love was when you came,
Agile n gracious as any wild game,
Seeking to agressively tame,
This restless obstinate dame,
Until she was no longer the same.

Love was when you looked into my eyes,
Steady with undeterred grace,
Possessed me with each gaze,
Overwhelming me like I were in a maze.

Love was your tender kiss,
On my brow ironing the crease,
The kisses did not cease,
Making me delirious with ease.

Love was the time you spared,
To court me until I bared,
My heart and body,
For I was certain that you cared.

Love was when you let me in,
Honest and clean,
So deep it felt like a sin,
So open I realised I would never win,
For your love was ever keen.

Love was your endless warmth,
The heat that could surely sooth,
Sores from the past.
The warmth that cast,
Bright flames that lit our path.

Love was when you stayed,
In all seasons that favoured and pained.

Love was the ruby ring,
You slid on my finger and vowed,
To be one person with me,
A union deserving a bow.

Love was when sowed,
The seed of life in my empty soul,
Making me whole,
Making me new.

Love ended when you stopped being a mate,
When you began coming home late,
And seething vehemently with hate,
Ever cancelling every single date,
Closing your heart with a high gate,
Who the hell is Kate?

No comments:

Post a Comment