Sunday 2 November 2014

Freaky weekend

Here is to the weekend that was,
The indulgence I took a little too far,
Immersed in the gift of youth,
The feel good moment,
That turned me uncouth.

Here is to the booze that never let me down,
Chilled and crispy,
Making me burn,
Getting me dumb.
The feeling,
The feeling that made me act like a clown.

Here is to the good people that closed their eyes,
Resisted calling the cop,
When I could no longer stay in my top

Here is to the man that did the paying,
While I did all the pinting.
May the good Lord give him more,
So that we can do this more often!

Here is to the dj that made me wanna wiggle,
The beat to which a clown could jiggle.
The tempo,
That made me throw my hands in the air,
Without a thread of care.

Here is to the bartender that mopped,
While I gagged and threw up,
Missing the ice bucket.

Here is to the taxi driver that made sure I got home,
When all I did was mourn,
From the lack of feeling from my legs.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment