Tuesday 14 October 2014

I CAME

I came like the lady I am,
First, with admirable calm.
Yes I came,
And you the witness,
Can swear on a pew.
I came as morning dew,
Fresh droplets,
Cool and gay
Nay
Crisp and awesome!
Although you stand at bay
Oh I came,
I undoubtedly did,
With a standing ovation,
Claps strong as falling missiles,
An impact spread for miles.
I came.
I,
From the 'unjiru' clan came
The dampening of damned stereotypes!
I came,
Again and again like the good girl I am,
I came unbidden,
Made a mountain from the pebbles you put on my lap.
I came courageously,
While my skin glistened.
However, the dripping sap,
Stole my thirst.
Brothers and sisters I came,
But for the heavy heart I left behind.
I needed not that heart,
The name or date.
I came by myself,
Neither shy nor late.
I snoozed at midnight cuddled in my warmth,
Gratified for proving my worth,
To me, to the side lined witness.
I,
with soft soles and heavy hips came,
I dragged my feet not,
I never got sore.
My tango was steady and spirited
I had a purpose,
and I came.
Because nothing mattered more,
But for my coming.
I came, I came, I came
Yes I came,
To the stars, To the moons,
I came
And I ain't bragging!

No comments:

Post a Comment