Monday 13 October 2014

A RACIST WORLD

I came across a different divide,
The kind that discriminates by taking side,
Of tone and shade across the globe,
The pigment that puts you on a probe

The divide I learned,
Is similar to the original sin at birth.
Its roots run far beyond the crust,
The effects of which bring no mirth.
We point fingers yet we stand accused,
For the jitters we chide at mixed race children,
For the moments we invest in lightening creams.
Alas! Ever heard of self-racism?
The soul that eats at itself!
Haven't we inaptly abused,
Those who put us in chains?
Are we not guilty of self loathing?
It is a shame I say,
An absolute disgust!

I frown at this madness,
The shallowness of all human kind!
I speak against the racism among black people,
the racism against oneself.
I detest the black-white segmentation,
An ordeal so old it should be extinct.

We have proven stuck and shrunk,
In our abilities to decide,
In our capacities to recline,
From inhumane actions and thoughts.
It is a time to let go,
To swallow the bile,
To halt the constant wile,
That racism is not rife,
Yet it so often takes a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment