Thursday 2 October 2014

AWOL

How dare you make your leave without a word
So abrupt that I had to hear it from passersby?
I'm I not your closest friend,
That you have to shame me so distatefully?
Tell me the reason for your rashness,
For I am but lost for words.

Aren't you an old fool,
So feeble and selfish!
Do I not have a say?
Should I have to pay
For your reckless actions?
Pooh!
Excuse my candor,
But you deserve a spanking!

I look like a fool,
Dialling you for a share of booze,
Only to recall,
That you no longer are.
Oh! If only you had passed the word,
Face to face
Like the man you are,
I wouldn't have to look like a clown.

Who dares walk away from the indulgence of svelte damsels,
Liver eroding liquor but you?
I hardly knew you suffer from amnesia,
For I remember you loved a good time.

I feel sorry for you,
Sympathise with me
You are but a mime
Lifeless, chalk
I am but a zombie
Pinting, drowning
Somebody shoot me!

You play mind blowing pranks friend, But this has got me at a losing end,
I have caved at your slyness,
You have broken me in your demise.
Tears know no man
I detest you for what I have become

Forgive me for being shallow,
You had the creativity I lacked,
The words you wanna hear I can't help but swallow,
Oh what a shame!
But I know you cannot blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment