Monday 13 April 2015

FAREWELL

I would ask you to stay with me,
But you are you, I am me,
It's easy to see.
In love,
Yet it was never the key,
To the issues that made us leave.

Still, it feels wrong,
To walk away from a place I feel I belong,
To give up a love that was strong,
To fall back into a sad song,
The melody of which takes the beat off my heart.

You said we should stay apart,
I had time to find another love,
Maybe two or three loves,
Get hitched, get my happy ending.
You were just being you,
The selfless man I already knew,
The selfless man I had come to love.
I heard the reason in your words,
I saw the resignation in the effect they had on me,
On us.
Well, guess it's true what they say,
You can't have everything,
Not even something as rare as love.
For it sure is rare,
This kind of love that we share,
That will forever be there.

These words make me believe that it's true,
These words that make me so blue,
It is done,
You and me,
But our love I will keep,
Hopefully as a constant reminder that love can be good.
So here and now I say my goodbye,
May it be the end signifying a brighter start.

No comments:

Post a Comment