Saturday 4 April 2015

Love never enough

Your love was never enough,
It was sometimes hiding,
Most times looking back,
Occasionally too fast in the sack!
Darling, what were you running from most times? The past? The present?
You said you loved me completely,
Was this a bluff?

Your love was never enough,
It was half full,
Almost beautiful.
It swayed like a ship in the middle of a storm,
So fierce I wanted to run,
But then the storm would die,
Your kisses reassuring my trembling heart,
Yet, it wasn't enough.

Did you lie?
Every time you professed your love?
See, I was sure you were the one,
Until our love was over and done,
Then I doubted.

Yes, your love was never enough,
It never did climax,
Still I waited on the edge,
I still wait,
Knowing that the book of love is never wrong.

Your love was never enough,
But is my love enough for the both of us?
Tell me, is it?
Is it going to bring us back as one?
Say yes if you may,
For I wish that things had stayed the same,
You and I,
In love,
Yours shaky,
Mine complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment