Sunday 7 September 2014

I was being me

I wanted not to be at the top,
I was just being me.
I asked not for fame and monies,
They came to me, while I lived my purpose.
I chose not this life,
I found myself in it, with a dream in my hands.

I was sculptured not to believe in success,
They told me the power was in me,
Thus in myself I believed.
I blossomed in shades brighter than any well tendered garden,
I had plenty even when there was less
I beckoned all the energies,
Past and present,
I had it all mastered,
For self development,
For a belief I would lay my own life

I believed in Him,
And He in me,
He had poured in me great goods,
I honoured Him
He blessed me
I only did His will
And to see the world praise me like a god is distateful

I don't desire to be celebrated,
I loathe the screams, the shouts,
Oh! How this overwhelms my poor soul
Can't you see people?
I was being me
Away with all the fuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment