Monday 22 September 2014

Beautifully flawed

The blemish in me,
Is the beauty I see,
Deep as the sea,
For the brave to seek.
Like the rain some feel,
Like the wetness that others suffer
Such is the path it equals.
I choose to be free,
Of tainted thoughts,
The negative that has slain many a soul.

What is beautiful?
What is ugly?
The boundary of which has caused wars
Yet it's simple,
The answer to the truth.
The mind sees what it chooses to
But for one to define it
Is a crime against humanity.

Mirror mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?
I am the fairest of all,
The mirror tells no lie.
For the blemish in me
Is as beautiful as the stars!

I may come off as proud,
But truth be told,
We are as beautiful as we choose to be!
It's all a matter of mind perception.
Has the farmer not seen beyond the stink from a cow's dung and made energy?
How many ugly and dangerous animals pass for gourmet delicacies in restaurant buffets?

I'm beautifully flawed,
Yes I am.
From head to toe,
I'm flawed with beauty.
I care not what he sees,
For I see it all.
I need not his sight,
My mirror shows it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment