Tuesday 2 February 2016

ANGRY GUY ON A BUS

Now,
I was on a bus the other day,  Listening to an angry passenger say, Rather condemn,
The amazing levels of graft,
In the judiciary, national assembly, the executive, the counties....
Really,
The guy was angry
Infuriated,
Pissed off!
Honestly,
I couldn't help but chuckle. 

Have you ever been in a situation,
So crappy and lousy,
That you laughed, laughed, laughed.....

See,
I could have joined the man in his angry discussion,
As had a few other passengers,
But I had been there,
I had cared,
Then disappointed,
Eventually,
I got injured.
Why go crazy over something I had such little control over?
I wondered.

I'm sure most of us,
Concerned citizens of a drowning nation,
Have very often been through this cycle:
Cursing and anger,
A don't care attitude,
Then you went back to caring,
Decided you would be involved in more keen voting,
Then 'mheshimiwa' still disappoints, Anger results....
Seriously,
We might all end up in a psychotic breakdown!

We are all in a dilemma,
Finding ways to fight this graft that has become an enigma.
We have a cultural trend people,
So deep are it's roots,
That we might have to go back to the 60's to solve it!
It is the enemy,
The two-faced devil,
That can get to you rags,
Or fly you to the top of the social class.
I know we all want to board that flight,
But can we do it through sticking to what is right?

Anger is good,
It fuels change.
We need people so much like the guy on the bus,
Confident in voicing their frustration,
Not afraid to be on the opposition. 

Dear citizens,
Can we have a trending  #saynotocorruption?
Can we all play a part,
In fighting graft?

1 comment: