Wednesday 10 May 2017

Who Am I?

I am a woman grown,
With hips wide, plenty of room for a growing foetus.
A bosom big, for a lover's head,
A heart large, with love for all humanity.
I am a woman strong,
With a soft core, vulnerable and weak.
With tears deep, a sea to drown earth's cares.
I am a woman strong,
I hurt, I fail, I never quit.
I am a woman strong,
For I have done wrong,
Twice, thrice, a dozen times,
I have loved my flaws,
I have freed myself,
Because,
I am a woman bold,
I hold my head up high,
I mold myself into a better person,
I never lie.
Honesty is my policy,
Decency is my code.

I am a woman selfless,
I give, give, and never stop giving.
I serve my husband, I serve my children, I serve society....
Yet, I never tire.
I blossom in selflessness.
I glow in submissiveness.
I give up my needs, I put my loved ones first.
I am a woman jealous,
I am bitter at another woman's success,
I compete to be the best mum, to have the best kids, to have the wealthiest man...
I am never contented!
I want to be, but this is my flaw,
A curse I never wanted.


I am not a woman feminist,
I accept the second place naturally given to women,
I accept to be submissive to a man who deserves it,
I accept to let him lead, to let him be the man,
I accept to nurse, raise my kids, cook, clean.....
I accept to be a woman, a helper, a giver of life.
I do not accept domestic violence,
I detest female genital mutilation,
I am against harassment of any kind to a woman.
I encourage a voice for all, fairness for all.
But,
The bonds of family are breaking,
The more women chase after equality,
The more responsibilities they get.
Remember,
A woman is the foundation of family,
And so,
If she is out handling other responsibilities,
The family will fall.
Equality is misleading, do you dig?
Men and women are different, do you dig?
But,
I am a woman of my own opinion,
I like the old fashioned way,
Simple, religious, clear as day.
Let those women with time to waste battle for equality,
While I, sit back and enjoy the love of family.

I am a woman bound,
To loyalty, trust, honesty,
The High Law.
I am a woman restless,
With dwindling patience,
Sometimes.

I am a woman lonely,
With secrets deep that can be shared not.
I am a woman broken,
With a hollow that has been left unfilled.

I am a woman intuitive,
I trust my gut, it never leads me astray.
I am this woman now, tomorrow I will be gray.
I bring the good into tomorrow,
The bad I leave behind.
Yet, some things, like my shadow, will forever be with me.

I am a woman mortal,
Who will I be,
When it's all over?

No comments:

Post a Comment